The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
We are based in Wickham Terrace, Spring Hill, Brisbane and offer a combination of services that benefit individuals and families.
We offer a range of diagnostic assessment and treatment options for children through to adults.
Our focus is on enhancing the mental well-being of adult caregivers. In doing so, we assist with the management of mental illness, addiction and/or family violence which adversely impacts the well-being of the family system.
We collaborate with the adults in families in a child-focused manner to offer evidence-based guidance on establishing safe home environments.
We support the development and maintainence of collaborative and cooperative co-parenting relationships.
Growing and healing
is within reach
We are based in Wickham Terrace, Spring Hill, Brisbane and offer a combination of services that benefit individuals and families. We offer a range of diagnostic assessment and treatment options for children through to adults. We offer individual and group-based treatment for adults. Our focus is on enhancing the mental well-being of adult caregivers to enhance the developmental potential for the children in these families. Our speciality is offering group-based interventions which allow for the sharing of collective knowledge within a group and has evidence-based results demonstrating the efficacy of treatment.
We utilise evidence-based therapies to ensure effective treatment outcomes. Some of the approaches we offer include:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT): Is an evidence-based therapy approach that can help individuals overcome challenges and improve their overall well-being.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): Is a widely recognised and effective therapy approach that can help individuals address various psychological difficulties, including altering negative thought patterns and emotional regulation.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT): Is a highly effective therapeutic approach that focuses on enhancing emotional regulation and interpersonal skills.
We offer trauma-informed services to help individuals heal from traumatic experiences. Before commencing EMDR treatment, we provide essential stabilisation skills training through individual and group-based sessions.
Child Assessments & Reports
Our team conducts thorough assessments to understand a child’s unique needs and provide accurate reports. Our assessments services include:
- Cognitive Assessments: We evaluate a child’s cognitive abilities to gain insight into their intellectual development and potential.
- Assessment of Neurodivergence: We dedicate ourselves in identifying executive functioning of differences often associated with conditions like ADHD and autism.
We provide targeted interventions to help children overcome specific difficulties. Our interventions focus on:
- Anxiety, Depression, and School Refusal: We offer effective strategies and support to help children manage anxiety, depression, and challenges related to school attendance.
- EMDR Treatment for Traumatic Events: Our experienced psychologists and counsellors provide EMDR therapy to help children process and heal from traumatic experiences.
Adult Caregiver Assessment & Treatment
We understand the importance of supporting caregivers who play a critical role in a child’s life. Specific interventions, such as the Circle of Security, are tailored to address the unique challenges faced by parents. Our adult caregiver assessment and treatment services encompass the following:
Adult Assessments & Reports
Our assessments for adults focus on understanding their unique neurodivergence and executive functioning differences. Our assessment services include:
- Assessment of Neurodivergence: We focus on identifying executive functioning differences, such as ADHD and autism, in adults.
We provide a range of interventions to support adults in their caregiving roles and personal growth. Our interventions include:
- EMDR Treatment for Adverse Childhood Events: Our psychologists and counsellors offer EMDR therapy to help adults address the impact of adverse childhood experiences on their lives.
- Relationship Counselling: We provide guidance and support for individuals and couples to navigate relationship challenges and foster healthy connections.
- Family Therapy: Our family therapy services help improve family dynamics and strengthen relationships among family members.
Therapy for Therapists
We understand the importance of personal growth and self-reflection for therapists. While counselling and psychology programs may not mandate treatment for those in training, we believe it is good practice to engage in therapy before embarking on a career of therapeutic engagement.
Family Dispute Resolution (FDR)
Dr. Latika is a Family Dispute Resolution practitioner (FDRP) accredited with the Attorney-General’s Department. She also offers Child Consultancy services that can assist with Child-Inclusive mediation.
Mediation with two FDRPs (each of legal and social science backgrounds).
A process in which a Child Consultant meets with the co-parents and Mediator to understand the family. Then meets with each child individually and in a sibling group to understand the children’s experiences within the family. The Child Consultant takes a snapshot of the family at this transitional point in their lives. The children’s experiences are conveyed to the co-parents to provide direction in determining parenting plans and orders.
FDR with a single mediator
If the above two options do not suit, we offer FDR with one mediator.
Supervision of Early to Mid-Career Practitioners
Our experienced team provides supervision services tailored to support early to mid-career practitioners. We offer guidance, feedback and a supportive space for professional growth and development.